Last updated February 3, 2021
- The types of information we may collect from you or that you may provide when you visit any of our Sites or via email, text or other electronic messages between you and EC.
- Our practices for collecting, using, maintaining, protecting and disclosing that information.
- Our policies and practices regarding your information and how we will treat it.
If you do not agree with our policies and practices, your only recourse is not to use the Site. However, you do have the option to opt-out of some tracking (see: “Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information”).
Information We Collect About You and How We Collect It
We collect several types of information from and about users of our Site, including information:
- That is about you but individually does not identify you, such as your age, gender and interests; how you came to the Site (e.g., search engine, third-party Site, media campaign or email); and the pages and features of the Site you use.
- By which you may be personally identified, such as name, postal address, email address or telephone number (“Personal Information”).
- About your Internet connection, the equipment you use to access our Site, and your location.
We collect this information:
- Automatically as you navigate through the Site. Information collected automatically may include IP addresses and information collected through cookies, Web beacons and other tracking technologies (see: “Usage Details, IP Addresses, and Cookies and Other Technologies”).
- Directly from you when you provide it to us (see: “Information You Provide to Us”).
- From third parties, for example, our business partners.
Usage Details, IP Addresses, and Cookies and Other Technologies
As you navigate through and interact with our Site, we may automatically collect certain information about your equipment, browsing actions and patterns. The information we collect automatically is statistical data and does not identify any individual. It helps us improve our Site and deliver better and more personalized future services by enabling us to:
- Estimate our audience size and usage patterns.
- Analyze and develop EC’s sales and marketing strategy, determine how visitors find EC and its Site, the user’s interest regarding EC’s services, and how to improve the Site.
- Speed up your searches.
- Recognize you when you return to our Site.
We do not collect Personal Information automatically, but we may tie this information to Personal Information about you that we collect from other sources or that you provide to us. The technologies we use for this automatic data collection may include:
Flash Cookies. Certain features of our Site may use local stored objects (or Flash cookies) to collect and store information about your preferences and navigation to, from and on our Site. Flash cookies are not managed by the same browser settings used for browser cookies. For information about managing your privacy and security settings for Flash cookies, see “Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information.”
Web Beacons. Pages of our Site and our emails may contain small electronic files known as web beacons (also referred to as clear gifs, pixel tags and single-pixel gifs) that permit us, for example, to count specific visitors who have visited certain pages or opened and clicked an email. The information we collect from these beacons is sent to our marketing automation and email marketing service called Act-On (www.act-on.com).
Information You Provide to Us
The information we collect on or through our Site may include:
- Information that you provide by filling in forms on our Site. This includes, but is not limited to, information provided when you submit a request for information or to be contacted by EC; a request for materials from EC (e.g., DVDs, white papers and brochures); registering for an event; or subscribing to email communication.
- Records and copies of your correspondence (including email addresses), if you contact us.
- Your responses to surveys that we might ask you to complete for research purposes.
- Your search queries on our Site.
How We Use Your Information
We never sell your Personal Information. EC and/or our third party service providers use information that we collect about you or that you provide to us, including any Personal Information:
- To provide you with information, products or services that you request from us.
- To fulfill any other purpose for which you provide it.
- For marketing purposes.
- In any other way we may describe when you provide the information.
- For any other purpose with your consent.
Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information
We strive to provide you with choices regarding the information you provide to us. We will only disclose or share your information:
- To Service Providers.We may disclose, sell or share information to one or more Service Providers with which we have contracted to provide services to us or to offer the services you have requested from us. We may also disclose information to one or more Service Providers who are interested in providing services or products to you. We do not control how these Service Providers use or disclose your information.
- For Our Internal Analyses and Operations.We may disclose information to third party vendors for our own internal statistical, design or operational purposes, such as to estimate our audience size, measure aggregate traffic patterns, and understand demographic trends among our users. The use and disclosure of your information by these third parties is restricted to performance of such tasks and subject to confidentiality.
- As Part of Business Transfers.We may disclose information as part of any merger, acquisition, debt financing, sale of company assets or other business transaction.
- As Aggregated Information.We may share or sell aggregated, anonymous information to our advertisers, business partners, and other third parties that includes or is based on information about you. We take technical and organizational measures to anonymize your information and combine it with other users’ information so that it does not directly identify you. This information may be used by those third parties for marketing, promotional or statistical purposes. We do not limit the third parties’ use of the aggregated information.
We have created mechanisms to provide you with the following control over your information:
- This Site uses Google Analytics to track Site activity and visitor behavior. If you want to opt-out of being tracked by Google Analytics, you may use the Google Analytics Opt-out Browser Add-on. Google Analytics also collects data about visits to the Site via the DoubleClick cookie and Floodlight tags. This information is being used to provide demographic and interest data about visitors to the Site and to target online display advertisements on third-party Sites. Using Google’s Ads Settings, visitors can opt-out of Google Analytics for Display Advertising and customize Google Display Network ads.
- Promotional Offers from EC.If you do not wish to have your contact information used by EC to promote our own services, you can follow the link to unsubscribe from mailing lists at the bottom of email communication; send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org stating your request; or call 425-556-8100 and ask to be removed from marketing lists. This opt-out does not apply to information provided to EC as a result of entering into a residence agreement, providing health records or authorizing and completing other transactions.
Accessing and Correcting Your Information
To review and change your personal information, you may call us at 425-556-8100 or send us an email at email@example.com to request access to, correct or delete any personal information that you have provided to us. We may not accommodate a request to change information if we believe the change would violate any law or legal requirement, or cause the information to be incorrect.
It is EC’s policy to treat your information with complete confidentiality. We employ commercially appropriate and reasonable safeguards both online and offline to maintain the security, confidentiality, and integrity of information that we collect about you. We maintain physical, electronic and procedural security measures to safeguard your non-public personal information. We update and test our technology to improve the protection of our information about you and to assure the integrity of that information.
Please note, however, that no transmission of data over the internet is 100% secure. While we employ reasonable measures to protect your information, we cannot guarantee that unauthorized third parties will not defeat those measures or use nonpublic information for improper purposes. We are not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures contained on the Site or for actions of third parties. The safety and security of your information also depends on you, and you are responsible for keeping your password confidential. Also remember to log off your account and close your browser window when you have finished your visit. This is to ensure that others cannot access your account, especially if you are sharing a computer with someone else or are using a computer in a public place. All Internet users should take care with how they handle and disclose their personal information.
Please refer to the Federal Trade Commission’s Site at http://www.ftc.gov/bcp/menus/consumer/data.shtmfor information about how to help protect yourself against identity theft.
Retention of your Information.We will only retain your information for as long as necessary to fulfill the purposes for which it was collected and to the extent permitted or required by law.
No portion of the EC Site, or the services the community offers is directed toward minors (individuals below the age of 18). EC does not solicit any information about minors, nor does it market to minors.
Policy Change Notification
We may occasionally make changes to this notice to ensure its accuracy. If we make changes, the revised notice will be posted online and the date of the newest version will be listed. Please check back frequently, especially before you provide us with Personal Information, to determine the current scope of the notice.